COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > jetAudio > [JA] Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[JA] Bug Reports Post bugs only

Old 09-29-2004

Jetisfy is still to judged
System Volume Controls Being Hijacked?

jetAudio isn't suppose to control system mixer's main volume via it's own volume control correct? Well this happens once in awhile. Has been too difficult so far understanding why this happens. Please jetAudio developer's or anyone else that knows why enlighten us, me .

Leading up to this happening, I would be doing quite alot of A/V playing, encoding or recording via jetAudio. I had even listened to streams inside web pages which I do believe I switched from 16bit resolution output to 32 bit, hoping for the dynamic limiter to reduce clipping.

After discovering that jetAudio was controling my System's main volume (very unwelcomed event), I went back to 16bit resolution, Reverted all encoding and recording options back to before I used them today and rebooted, nothing has helped jetAudio to release control of my system's main volume.

Help Me!

EDIT: Went to Preferences/Advanced/Output/Highlighted-Soundcard Output/Configure/ and noticed "use direct sound" checked like I normally have it, but the drop down options was blank. Not Good I assume. Clicked drop list button, reselected SantaCruz, Clicked OK then OK then played a file. Still jetAudio is controling system volume. Closed jetAudio, restarted, played file via play button like most every time today. Still not right.
Finally then I went to playlist and double clicked a file and jetAudio released control of main volume. WHY all this happen? How do I, we avoid this? Any clues?

Here's another thread where someone else had it happen to them also.
http://www.jetaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2669

Jetisfy

Windows Xp sp1a, WMP10 ( regretably), Direct X 9.0b, Santa Cruz (5.12.001.4193), PS2 Keyboard, USB Optical Mouse, jetAudio 6.0.6.4806 Plus

Last edited by Jetisfy : 09-30-2004 at 05:06.
Old 11-03-2004
Master Member

NeTo has passed the judgement!
Maybe waveOut could help out? Go to Preferences->Output->Sound card output and select waveOut as the Output method

Powered by NeToSoft
Old 12-12-2004

Jetisfy is still to judged
Well I like using the direct sound setting and this very seldom happens and hasn't happened again since my previous post here, so not going to be using waveout.
Repeatedly switching between Microsoft webpage controls and jetAudio probably goofing my registry until I reboot and only use jetAudio, but I really don't know.

Jetisfy
Old 12-13-2004
Master Member

NeTo has passed the judgement!
Uhm, now that I read the thread, it seems that I don't remeber it or I didn't read it before, as I don't understand why I answered that in the first place . Probably I was going to write that on another thread by that time, and I got cross-wired.

Uhm, I was looking at the age of the thread, and yes I must have written in the wrong thread. Sorry for digging it up with such an answer