COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > jetAudio > [JA] Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[JA] Bug Reports Post bugs only

Old 12-23-2003

xplorer is still to judged
HELP! Regular clicking sound with some mp3s

I hear an annoying regular clicking sound on playback of some of my mp3 files. I tried adjusting all preference options but haven't figured out the root of the problem.

Last edited by NeTo : 10-16-2004 at 20:25.
Old 12-23-2003
Master Member

eXity is still to judged
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
I have a variation of this problem. I hear an annoying regular clicking sound on playback of some of my mp3 files. I tried adjusting all preference options but haven't figured out the root of the problem.
Is this a specific JetAudio problem or is it a problem with all mp3s in all mp3 players (e.g. Windows Media Player).

Please tell us your soundcard, motherboard, Direct X version, soundcard drivers ...
Don't mess with the bunny!
Old 12-24-2003

xplorer is still to judged
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXity
Is this a specific JetAudio problem or is it a problem with all mp3s in all mp3 players (e.g. Windows Media Player).

Please tell us your soundcard, motherboard, Direct X version, soundcard drivers ...
The problem is specific for JetAudio 5. I didn't have it with JetAudio 4 or with WinAmp and Media Player.

I have a Pentium III on a Asus P2B, 256 MB RAM
DirectX 9b
Soundblaster Live! latest WHQL drivers
Old 05-31-2004

BingyBongy is still to judged
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorer
The problem is specific for JetAudio 5. I didn't have it with JetAudio 4 or with WinAmp and Media Player.

I have a Pentium III on a Asus P2B, 256 MB RAM
DirectX 9b
Soundblaster Live! latest WHQL drivers
I too am having the same sort of problems.

I have been using JetAudio 5 Basic for a few months now without any problems. The sound quality is excellent and was the audio player of choice on my PC. The only thing that bugged me was the album manager. So I decided to try some of the alternatives like WinAmp and dBPowerAmp but none of them produced the sound quality of JetAudio.

Admitting defeat (and thinking that JA's album manager isn't that bad!!!) I decided to uninstall all other audio players and upgrade to JA Basic 6.

Now this is where my problems have started!!!

Now if I choose say 10 mp3 tracks and add to my playlist everything plays fine just how I want - perfect quality. After it plays the third track on the list however the fourth track becomes distorted with crackling and popping noises (no snapping however sorry ). This continues with every subsequent track until I press stop and play the track again.

Now the track is fine but the next track screws up the same as before. I can close JA and open again but again it will go through the 3 track scenario.

So WTF is causing this problem. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, changing all different JA preferences - nothing I do has any affect. I installed the latest drivers for my Audigy SC. I installed the DirectX 9.0b runtime files. Still the same. As another test I tried playing a cd through JA and this is fine both in analog and digital modes over all tracks. Also the problem is not dependent on the tracks I choose so that eliminates the source files.

But just to check this I tried playing through WMP9 (10 tracks continuous) which was fine. I installed a copy of Creative's PlayCenter. Also fine. I don't want to revert to these because I hate the sound quality in both.

So what does anyone suggest I do now????? (thats if you're still reading after my rant!!!) My only other guess is that one of the other audio players screwed up a codec that JA uses.

Any advice would be very welcome bar reinstalling XP.

For the record I'm using..

Win XP (sp1)
Creative Audigy SC (with updated software from their site)
Athlon XP 2000
512 MB Ram

ps - any ideas how to remove ALL traces of JA (registry, apps files, codecs, etc) so I could try a "clean" install.
Old 07-21-2004

BL@JA is still to judged
Same Problem - Now Fixed

I had the same crackling noises after playing 3 songs. I just went to preferences --> advanced --> output --> sound card output --> config and changed method from "Use DirectSound" to "Use waveOut". I think it defaults back to Use DirectSound when a new version of JetAudio is installed. Hope this works for you also.
Old 08-31-2004

erikht is still to judged
jet 6.6 popping cracking-if surfing

Never had this prob before update,uninstalled--reinstalled same thing. if i start surfing,it starts popping and cracking abit,before it only did it if maybe playing vbr files- i set everything to normal-so other programs can do what they need to, guess jet wants to be a hog,

Last edited by erikht : 09-26-2004 at 20:08. Reason: add on
Old 09-01-2004

Deleted JA 6.6

even not so good sound is better than the cracking popping,

Last edited by erikht : 09-26-2004 at 20:10.
Old 09-28-2004

Jetisfy is still to judged
Hello erikht,
I avoided you, was afraid you were a troll, but have since changed my mind about that, since you have edited post (which I felt were too, well lets just say negative and provoking reactive thoughts instead of constructive ones).
I have a few thoughts about this problem, wheather good or bad, and hopefully will make time to post them here.
http://www.jetaudio.com/forums/showt...9&page=1&pp=10

Jetisfy

Last edited by Jetisfy : 10-06-2004 at 23:22.
Old 09-28-2004

Unhappy Thanks

na im just a confused man, trying to figure this thing. guess i get a little upset at times- sorry...but ive also tried same things-seems nothing will fix the probs
Old 09-29-2004

Jetisfy is still to judged
lost in bad sound

Is that your reviewer name at c/net download.com? Erikht

Just wondering