[Cowon A2 review]
Order ID: 13611
When the iPOD video came out, I was seriously thinking about to get one. While read user reviews through the Internet, I found that some people prefer to get Archos, Cowon A2 or other PMPs instead. After intensive searching for information about all of the PMPs, I decided to get a Cowon A2 from Cowon America.
I received the A2 10 days ago. After having played around with it, I can say I made right decision.
Here is my view about A2.
1. The music player is amazing and it is very convenient to use.
2. The sound of FM radio is clear (though sometime you need to adjust the earphone line to get best effect).
3. The quality of line-in recording is good. But I can't see big difference between using the highest and lowest bps and resolution.
4. I can easily transfer the photos from my Sony W1 to A2 directly. The pictures were taken at 5.1 PM and they worked with A2 perfectly.
5. You can use it as a hard drive to save you files.
6. The battery life is long.
7. You can recharge the battery using USB.
Though I am really satisfied with A2, I think it can be improved in the following aspects:
1. The fast-forward and rewind functions are not so smooth. If you repeatedly use them, the video will become a mess and sometimes sound and video are separated. It will take a couple of seconds to go back to normal.
2. I hope I can listen to music while browsing the slide show. Now I can listen to the radio but not the music player.
3. I really hope I can view PDF and Word files on A2. If it has a simple text editor, it will be perfect.
4. I hope it has a dictionary.
5. It needs a nice remote controller.
The first 4 points may be improved by new firmware and I hope Cowon can offer remote controller with digital display soon.
Other PMPs have their advantages: AV530 has better video quality, V43 has more PDA function and iPOD is easy to carry...
I think the Cowon A2 is the best PMP on the market currently. Comparing with A2, other PMPs more or less have a little more disadvantages. For example, no radio (Archos AV5300), no line-in recording (iPOD video, iStation v43), too heavy (v43), small screen (iPOD), short battery life(iPOD)...
So that's why I selected A2 and have not regretted with my decision.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|[Cowon A2 Review]||robodude666||Reviews||7||09-28-2010 02:51|
|[Cowon A2 review]||Rich in CA||Reviews||13||09-03-2009 21:54|
|[Cowon A2 Review]||R.C.||General Discussion / User Reviews||5||01-03-2006 13:04|
|[Cowon A2 review]||JKing||Reviews||2||12-12-2005 01:03|
|[Cowon A2 review]||jungyu2000||General Discussion / User Reviews||0||12-11-2005 18:35|