COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > jetAudio > [JA] Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[JA] Bug Reports Post bugs only

Old 02-20-2007

BlindArtist is still to judged
What jetaudio 7 needs to becomes the best player out, from a developers perspective

*i posted this on the jetaudio 7 topic in the general forum but i have a feeling no one really looks at that one so here it is again*

Hey guys,

Previously i swore by winamp untill i got a 6.1 system for my computer and was no longer satisfied with winamps multi chanel output capabilites. Then i found jetaudio and i love it, its the best for music by far.

I am a software/game devenloper, and since i really like jetaudio i decided to give my input into jetaudio 7. This is pretty much all that you need to improve;

First of all, what you dont need to change, the core coding, your player runs perfectly, winamp is laggy and buggy and i was getting tired of it, jetaudio loads fast, runs smooth, doesnt lag on restore, doesnt sap cpu cycles like crazy, and it sounds great so leave the core coding alone, dont add any more useless features that 3 people in the world might be interested in and will only lag the player down.

Your greatest focus should be on imprving the player for music playback, video and such doesnt really matter, jetaudio does all it needs to for that, not many people have huge video collections that they watch on the computer anyays, but there are tons with 1000+ songs that want a great player.

What makes jetaudio not as popular as winamp? mainly its the playlist,
1. the playlist should be able to dock with the player, it should be able to move and hide with the player.
2. titeles should be displayed artist - title not artist / title, it looks akward and puts people off, also the song time should be displayed down the right hand side.
3. the find function should be more like winamps, it should bring up a query window with all your play list traks and narrow them down the more you type into the query field.

Next some full scree visualizations would be nice, but their not that big of a deal.

I love how you have more controll over your surround and multiple chanel output, take it a step higher and imrpove that even more, give more control over front and rear volumes, the wide rear option is nice but doesnt boost the rear speakers enough, perhaps make it possible to define just how much you want them amplified.

A nice wide range multi band equalizer would be really nice too.

Dont set the player to do the fade in and out when your skiping songs by default, it makes it take too long and annoying to skip tracks and really gives a poor first impression.

Make it a little bit more skin friendly, the default skin is nice but a little bulky, you need something captivating and catching, dont make it plain because eyecandy sells, people get bored with things that look plain really quick.

Your random is very un-random, it frequantly goes to the same songs and follows the same patterns each time, i know on a computer there is no such thing as a true random, but you could try giving it a diferent seed each time you launch the player, could have an option where it marks the already played songs and wont revisit them in a single session as well.

Lastly, dont limit the free version so much, if you make the free version a little more functional it will attract alot more people, dont totaly cut out the functionality just limit its speed/feature set. If you guys implement these changes, jetaudio could quite easly becomes #1 world wide, but you have to make the free version better.

Well thats about all i can think off of the top of my head, i hope some of that help, great player guys, hoping version 7 will keep up with the quality.

Best Regards
~Dave
Old 02-22-2007
Administrator

CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What jetaudio 7 needs to becomes the best player out, from a developers perspecti

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindArtist
*i posted this on the jetaudio 7 topic in the general forum but i have a feeling no one really looks at that one so here it is again*
jetaudio devs rarely goes through all these let alone cowon people "looking-after" this forums. you can notice that by the amount of ads and ONLY me cleaning it.

Quote:
2. titeles should be displayed artist - title not artist / title, it looks akward and puts people off,
it can be done with custom view but i agree that artist - title should be the default.

Quote:
3. the find function should be more like winamps, it should bring up a query window with all your play list traks and narrow them down the more you type into the query field.
i guess they are on it. hoping something great from V7

Quote:
Next some full scree visualizations would be nice, but their not that big of a deal.
i agree.

Quote:
I love how you have more controll over your surround and multiple chanel output, . . . how much you want them amplified.
A nice wide range multi band equalizer would be really nice too.
you are absolutly right.

Quote:
Make it a little bit more skin friendly, the default skin is nice but a little bulky, you need something captivating and catching, dont make it plain because eyecandy sells, people get bored with things that look plain really quick.
i wish they would listen...browse through the Skin sections of this forum, you'll understand.

cheers.
-CvP
Old 02-22-2007

BlindArtist is still to judged
Re: What jetaudio 7 needs to becomes the best player out, from a developers perspecti

Yea it seems they dont pay much attention to the forums from what ive read through the other people trying to give input into the new player, but they really aught too, their player has amazing potential but its not well known, not very popular and not very saught after, even though its superior to winamp in almost every way, to me this tells me they need to pay more attention to the fans.

You know what they say, pride always comes before the fall.
Old 02-25-2007
Administrator

CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: What jetaudio 7 needs to becomes the best player out, from a developers perspecti

Quote:
their player has amazing potential but its not well known, not very popular and not very saught after, even though its superior to winamp in almost every way
and again, i can only say that you are right, absolutly.
Old 04-03-2007

blackozan is still to judged

Quote:
Originally Posted by CvP
and again, i can only say that you are right, absolutly.
Do you guys know who is developing JetAudio MM Player actually? I think that this software is developing outside of USA (outsourcing) and with most possibility in India. And so, our Indian software developers do not think much about these Cowon America forums. They should have their own agenda.
Old 04-03-2007
Administrator

"outside of USA" does not mean outsourcing.
COWON is a Korean company and COWON America is their American section.
jetAudio is developed in original COWON (i.e. in Korea).
while i have been told that there is ONE jetAudio developer who reads the forums (for bugs, suggestiongs etc)...unfortunately, he is not good in English and thus, replies very rarely. tough luck.
Old 04-19-2007

studio308 is still to judged
Re: What jetaudio 7 needs to becomes the best player out, from a developers perspective

Let's write on Korean...