COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > COWON / iAUDIO Player > Flash Players - iAUDIO 4, 5, U2, G3, F1, and etc (formerly iAUDIO forum) > General Discussion / User Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2004

morethanagame is still to judged
Lightbulb Has anyone tested VOICE RECORDING on iAudio4?

Hi I am thinking of buying the iAudio4 SOLEY for the purpose of voice recording.

DOES IT HAVE A GOOD MICROPHONE?
I will be recording speeches, seminars and lectures - I will rarely use it to record my own voice - therefore I need a good microphone and sensitivity as I will be about 10-15 metres away from the speaker.

How good is the recording at this distance? - is it too soft or low?

I will probably recording at 32Kps which I believe is the lowest recording setting, if this is relevant.

DO YOU RECOMMEND USING AN EXTERNAL MICROPHONE TO RECORD?
I read on the iAudio FAQs that you can plug a powered microphone into it but not an unpowered one - would you reccommend using one of these?

CONNECT TO TELEPHONE
Does anyone know how to connect it to the telephone to record conversations?Can you use an adaptor or connection cord of some kind? I know a JNC model allows you to do this and comes with an adaptor specifically for this (but records at half the kbps as iAudio4 so the sound quality is not as good and a bit rough).

Thank you very much for your help, which will help me in my purchasing decision.

Sincerely, Walter
Sydney, Australia

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some other related information:
Kevin from iAudio has kindly told me:

The iAudio can be set to record at 32Kbps to 128kbps sound quality.

32Kbps will allow you to record up to 8 hours.
128Kbps up to 2 hours.

There is no different between battery life whether you are playing music or recording. Hence recording time will be around 15 hours."
Old 03-22-2004

wolfy is still to judged
I have not tried searching, but you can look into the reviews of former iAUDIO products to have an idea and maybe someone mentioned about it in their user review.

I'd like to know more about the recording distance of the microphone too, 'cause I didn't ever think of using it to record class lectures LoL