COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > Digital Audio Players [iAudio series] > iAudio 6
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2007
Dont Eat The Yellow Snow

breakfastchef is a name known to all breakfastchef is a name known to all breakfastchef is a name known to all breakfastchef is a name known to all breakfastchef is a name known to all breakfastchef is a name known to all
Re: iaudio 6 not recognized by Vista

I only want to assist you, and other users, to get the most benefit from your device. Since I am not a Cowon emloyee, I do this moderator thing just because I am a user myself. Do your best to contact Cowon Tech Support using Live Chat as this is your only, somewhat reliable, method of contacting the company. If you are fit to be tied and want to go to California to vent your frustrations, I can supply their address to you.
Old 07-18-2007
Administrator

CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: iaudio 6 not recognized by Vista

excelent work there, breakfastchef.
as i dont own any iAudio ( )...i cant check things myself. but i think vista32bit should be fine with iAudios. 64bit version might have problem but it is very likely that at least you'll be able to see it as a removable disk and copy songs though this is not desirable at all... c'mon COWON, fix vista issues if there any...
Old 07-18-2007

Stiksister is still to judged

I wouldn't mind if I could just use it as a removable disk with my Vista laptop. I will do as breakfastchef suggested and try the Cowan's Live Chat since I got nowhere with filing the Tech Support trouble ticket (still no further response from them on that as of today). I will LYK what they tell me.
Old 07-18-2007

Stiksister is still to judged

I uninstalled and then reinstalled my USB drivers and tried again and this time it recognized my device as external storage drive.

That is real progress, I don't mind if this is the only way to attach to my notebook. Only problem now is that when I disconnect it does not charge the player. The OS says I can safely remove my device, but the player thinks it is still connected and does not go into charge mode.

Oh well.
Old 07-18-2007
Tecky-type user of iAudio

GSV3MiaC is a name known to all GSV3MiaC is a name known to all GSV3MiaC is a name known to all GSV3MiaC is a name known to all GSV3MiaC is a name known to all GSV3MiaC is a name known to all

AFAIK the player is ALWAYS in charge mode when it is connected, even if it doesn't say so (unless you turned charging off in the options someplace).
Old 02-29-2008

jhpolsky is still to judged

Many others (myself included) have had the same problems. My problem is with my D2 and only in MTP mode, but MSC works fine. Someone else said upgrading the drivers on their mainboard more or less fixed the problem, but it didn't seem to work for me. I contacted Cowon through livechat multiple times and they asked me really stupid questions no matter how clear I was in trying to explain that it wasn't a silly problem, that there was a serious recognition issue. Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere with them and am still in the same spot as you. If you get anywhere, let me know.
Old 07-07-2010

albertlbrt11 is still to judged

I have 4 computers in my house 3 are XP and 1 Vista.
I am using a Cowon d2+.
The D2+ won't recognize flac as a music file from one of the Xp machines. Using the same exact Flac folder and files the other 3 machines transfer flac files fine. If you are transferring in the device mode instead of the hard drive mode it will tell you the file need to be converted but it is not true my case. The one machine in question is a much faster machine too.
What is strange is that if I take the files i put on the D2+ by the problematic machine off and put them on the the other xp and transfer them back it works. The integrity of the files in my case is not the issue. All Mp3,OGG,WAVE and wma all work fine on all 4 machines. Need to be carefull creating wav and wma files so they are compatable with the D2+ so I used jet audio. D2+ will not run lossless wav or wma files.
Now the guy who is changing the file extention to fla instead of flac is fooling himself because the fla extention is not a music file and The Cowon will not complain in device mode but will not play them as music either.
I am a test engineer and do some software work. I wish I knew what was going on here. It maybe a nuance in the way different USB ports transfer files that fakes the player out as to it's integrity. If you are not making flac files that are not the proper format then all bets are off as far them working. But I have known good flac files.
In my case I proved to myself even when they are good some machines may be having problems getting the player to recognize them. Could be software conflict. The problematic machine has had alot of media software installed and alot different mp3 player installed.

Try using another machine -

Old 07-23-2010

hurry234 is still to judged

When I attach my iaudio 6 to my laptop it says it is installing software drivers, then message that installation failed and I should contact the manufacturer of my device for the proper drivers. My laptop is running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. Are there drivers available for me to d/l or is there some other reason that the installation of the drivers failed on my machine?