COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > Digital Audio Players [iAudio series] > iAudio 7
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2007

m1nbmc is still to judged
Song titles in other languages

is there any way to view song tags in a language other than the language that the player is set to on the i7? i.e. i have a few songs with korean titles but my language is set to english, since its alot easier to use the player if the menus are in english. as a result, the korean titles do not show up in korean but instead as random characters. the only way i can see the tags in korean is if i switch the language option to korean, but i would really prefer not to have to do so since that changes all the menus into korean. i find this to be rather strange since cowon is a korean company and all. and the song titles do show up properly in jetaudio.
Old 08-17-2007

Houndf is still to judged
Re: Song titles in other languages

hey i had this problem a while back, asked the same question, and never came back to get an answer. recently installing this player again, i decided to search and see if somebody answered me. and yes they did. check out my post.
http://www.cowonamerica.com/forums/s...ghlight=korean
if you still have problems after that [be sure to install korean language pack]
post asking and ill try to help. as you see, its working now.

Last edited by Houndf : 08-17-2007 at 23:06.
Old 08-18-2007
Administrator

CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute

jetAudio still doesn't support Unicode and THAT is the problem.
use the above solution until unicode support comes.
Old 08-19-2007

m1nbmc is still to judged

no unicode support makes sense (i already had the non-unicode set to korean anyways, which is what prompted me to post the question and hence i wrote all the songs appear fine in jetaudio) I guess the only option would be to rename all the tags in a non-unicode format, since i realized some of the titles appeared perfectly fine while others remained jumbled. pretty disappointing since many portable audio players support unicode. oh well
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator

CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute CvP has a reputation beyond repute

i'm hoping that they'd include unicode support very soon.