COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > Other Products > jetCast > [JC] Bug Reports / Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2004

mrwinky is still to judged
Song Ending Hangup

Has anyone come across the problem of when a song ends, it does not go to the next song? Mine has started doing this possibly 1-5 times a day. I have not changed any settings in sometime to initiate this.

Any thoughts?
Horizons Radio - Rare tracks, and music from 1964 - 2004, 40 years of the best in Rock & Roll up to Electronica and Lounge.
Horizons Radio - Live - Downloaded full concerts from http://furthurnet.com/ Progressive rock and rare cuts
Old 07-03-2004
Master Member

Amplex9 is still to judged
Arrow

Is it happening repetedly on the same files by any chance?
The forums are filled with possibly all the Answers to Questions you may have about jetCast and we ask that you take some time to read through the threads or do a search of your querie before posting what might be a common question that has been dealt with before as the staff here are mostly volunteers using their own time to reply to your questions and help users in the forums.
Thank You
Old 07-03-2004

Red face

I dont beleive it is the same files. Today i watched it do it on 2 songs in a row.If it helps, I always run on random play, that may have something to do with it, I dont know.

I am on a very good homebuilt system, 1 gig ram and a reliable 8mg buffer hard drive. But I know XP has those little quirks. This does not happen often, when it does its usually on one day then it has several good days in a row. That makes me feel somewhat like its a (my) system problem
Horizons Radio - Rare tracks, and music from 1964 - 2004, 40 years of the best in Rock & Roll up to Electronica and Lounge.
Horizons Radio - Live - Downloaded full concerts from http://furthurnet.com/ Progressive rock and rare cuts
Old 07-04-2004
Master Member

Try noting the files it faulters at and see if its certain files that cause problems.
Run your playlist in sequence and if a file stops move the file down the list a couple of places and see if when it gets to the top if it faulters again.

Sometimes files have errors in their ID3 tags or in their coding that cause problems for streaming It could also be down to the sample rates of the files or there encoding.
The forums are filled with possibly all the Answers to Questions you may have about jetCast and we ask that you take some time to read through the threads or do a search of your querie before posting what might be a common question that has been dealt with before as the staff here are mostly volunteers using their own time to reply to your questions and help users in the forums.
Thank You
Old 07-04-2004

Hey, thats good thinking, the ID3 taGS AND All. Knowing the sources of some of the music I can bet the bitrates are different for sure. I will do as you suggest, it will take a while but I will report back what I find for futrure reference.
Old 07-05-2004
Master Member

It could be that some files are WAV's and that might be the issue.
Maybe just reencoding them will sort it out.
you dont have to get them all the same but the problematic ones should be done.
Good luck and keep us informed
Thank You
Old 07-08-2004

Update
I have 2 computers that I run radio from, one for each station type I have. I have not run the one we were discussing lately becuase I have been using it for HTML, but I have been running the other one.
The second one has since developed the same problem, except that instead of not going to the next song, this one goes to the next song and doesnt play it. There is some commonality of music between the two. However I know that all songs are MP3, and vary in bitrate between 128 and 320. Both broadcasters have been used for quite sometime and have operated flawlessly. I have noticed no similarities in the stoppages being caused by the same songs.

It seems strange that both would pop up with a similar problem without it being part of the jetcast network. I know jetcast shouldnt be able to influence my software, are there any connection (communicating) areas between jetcast and my server that could do this? of course it never does it when I am listening, just when I come home from work and get out of bed.