COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > COWON / iAUDIO Player > Flash Players - iAUDIO 4, 5, U2, G3, F1, and etc (formerly iAUDIO forum) > Technical Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2004

thellers is still to judged
M3 Remote - Screen Intermittent

Hi,

I have a new M3 (20Gb), but it seems to have a really annoying problem.

When starting up the M3, sometimes the screen does not come on. It is supposed to show the "iAudio" logo and the little dancing guy, but it doesn't always do this. Sometimes the backlight comes on, but the screen displays nothing, but this can't be right!

Also, when the unit is plugged into the cradle it does not show anything on the screen. To make the screen work, I have to unplug the M3 from it's cradle, turn it on again, then plug it into the cradle once the screen display comes on. Only then can the "USB - Do Not Disconnect" be seen on the remote screen.

I have upgraded to v 1.22 of the firmware, which seems to have helped, but it's still not right.

Is this a known fault? Do I need to return the unit? It's VERY annoying!! Please help!!

Andy