COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > jetAudio > [JA] Technical Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2004

eric0668 is still to judged
Uninstall / Reinstall problem YOU OUT THERE NeTo

I am trying to uninstall Jet audio and then reinstall it because of a problem with codecs. I am having a problem tho, when I go to control panel, then click on Jet Audio, I get an error message "installshield setup launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close" I get this with a few other problems too.

I was also getting random problems saying "this program has encountered a problem and needs to close"

It just so happened that it was with Shareaza. Dell told me it was because I have a p2p program running. I don't think so do you. Millions of people do.
Dell is terrible. They always take the easy way out. They told me to uninstall Shareaza and reinstall it. I did it and now still getting this error.

1) Why am I getting this specific problem with removing Jet
2) Why am I getting the general problem of problems encountering problems and needing to close.
3) Is there an uninstall icon I can use to uninstall it? I did not see it?
4) Why will mpg and mpeg files still not play in Jet, even tho I have had both DivX and K-Lite installed. Tried Both. G Spot said everything is fine.

I have no viruses or ad-aware fyi. already ran cwshredder, spybot, ad-aware, spyware guard, and spywareblaster. BTW, any spyware experts there?? How come everytime I delete files or something in internet properties, I get a warning from SpywareGuard saying the my browser home is trying to change from Yahoo to Yahoo???

I realize this is not a SpywareGuard forum, just wanted to ask..

Please Help... You out there Neto
Old 12-24-2004
Master Member

NeTo has passed the judgement!
Have you tried reinstalling jetAudio without unistalling it first?. Maybe the log files requiered for unistalled got corrupted or deleted by another program (have you used system restore recently?)

Don't listen to that advise from Dell. Shareaza doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

About that SpywareGuard problem, I'm not sure as I don't use that util. I just run Spybot once a month, without any noticeable problem so far.