COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > COWON / iAUDIO Player > Flash Players - iAUDIO 4, 5, U2, G3, F1, and etc (formerly iAUDIO forum) > Technical Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2005

IpaqMan is still to judged
Iaudio 5 hang at startup with a low battery

Three times in the week I have had the Iaudio 5, it has hung in the startup before reaching the first beep. Each time, I thought the player had finished playing a folder (play mode folder), but each time the I5 had stopped due to a low battery. I did not know that. But when I powered the Iaudio 5 up, it hung.

I have tried removing the battery and putting in a new battery but the hang persisted. I have tried waiting ten minutes before putting in a new battery. No success. The only solution right now is to re-flash the firmware. That is an extreme solution for a frequent problem.

Is there a way to reset the Iaudio out of this hang? I never had this problem with my CW200.
Old 03-25-2005

IpaqMan is still to judged
Jetaudio responded that removing the battery and reflashing the firmware are the only reset methods for an I5.

After some repeated hangs and misbehaviors in ten days requiring reflashing the firmware each time, I exchanged the player for another Iaudio 5.

I have tried duplicating the low battery hangs but have not been able to duplicate the problem in two days. The new Iaudio 5 will not power on when it shuts down from a low battery.