COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > COWON / iAUDIO Player > Flash Players - iAUDIO 4, 5, U2, G3, F1, and etc (formerly iAUDIO forum) > General Discussion / User Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2005

vickie5 is still to judged
iAudio X5 power adapter drawback

I just recently bought an iAudio X5 in the U.S. and I love it. Unfortunately I just realized that the bad thing about this product is the power charge adapter that only support 110V. Now I am traveling in China where 220V is used. I am struggling here about using the power converter (220V to 110V) which could possibly damage my new baby. I checked your website and didn't see any international adapter. Can you please recommend where I can buy this adapter that can be used in countries that use 220V ? I found there is an authorized dealer to seel your iAudio X5 in Beijing. Can I buy the adapter there that can accepet 220V ? I am afriad that this adapter will damage my x5 which was bought in the U.S. ? If I use power converter, please recommend which type ?

Isn't it the disadvantage for your product that you can't have an universal power AC adapter that can use 110 - 240V that iPod and other popular MP3 players can use ? Can someone please reply ? I'd appreciate... The general discussion forum said that their power adapater is compatible with Europe/Asia's 220 V, but my adapter showed 110V in the label. I am still afraid to plug into 220V unless someone did already.

Last edited by vickie5 : 07-08-2005 at 19:26.
Old 07-12-2005

idiotekniQues is still to judged
it says 110 but its been established that it is 110-240v.

myself, and several other users have used it overseas (i bought mine in the states and used it in the mediterranean where it is european voltage) also cowon has emailed back people that asked and stated it is a 110-240v power supply
Old 07-12-2005

datr is still to judged
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotekniQues
it says 110 but its been established that it is 110-240v.
Has this been confirmed for all of them?

I will receive my iAudio X5 on Friday from America and I was planning on just fitting a UK plug, but if the thing started to smoke...

So I would really appreciate some reassurance.
Old 07-12-2005

Rice is still to judged
Will you have a computer on yout trip?

You can always recharge it via the USB connection.
Old 07-12-2005

idiotekniQues is still to judged
Quote:
Originally Posted by datr
Has this been confirmed for all of them?

I will receive my iAudio X5 on Friday from America and I was planning on just fitting a UK plug, but if the thing started to smoke...

So I would really appreciate some reassurance.
www.iaudiophile.net check the forums.

or just email cowon yourself but a couple people said they did and i believe them. plus i know about 5 of us on there got the x5 in the states and charged it with just a plug adapter no transformer and worked like a charm.

the representative didnt say its a gamble that some will and some wont