COWON America Forums  

Go Back   COWON America Forums > jetAudio > [JA] General Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

[JA] General Discussion Discussions about jetAudio that don't belong to other sections

Old 12-24-2003

Jetisfy is still to judged
Question Jet Audio 6.0.0.3224 Was Here.

EDIT: I Believe that must have been an over zealous release on somebodys part. Or was we beta tester's. Post Reply 15 Explains.
This link is dead.
http://download.com.com/3001-2167-10253196.html
Stumbled across version 6.0.0.3224 Basic at Download.com today.
No links or any release notes to it so far at JetAudio's site. It's only been 10 minutes ago but I couldn't resist installing it, especially after noticing the file download size was about 7 megs smaller than last one. This had me expecting some real changes.

Right off the bat I noticed some new sound effects options to tick in the same default main skin. Skin doesn't seem to have changed otherwise. Unfortunately the fonts were blurred, but what they are were discovered instantly as I clicked on one. ( BBE MP and BBE VIVA). A popup asking if I want to purchase Sound Effect Extension Pack or the Plus version as they are required for Advanced effect playback. Icons and new RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS and Layout. Thank You COWON ! Hum a new popup playback options when clicking on .AVI and Mpeg, maybe others too. My first run threw here, So I'm sure to miss things. Must be due to the sound effect filter options causing some media not to play properly. I had that problem in the past anyway. A quick way to solve some trouble shooting I believe. NICE COWON. Last Version didn't play . MPC files for me, even though the decoder was or atleast the file association was there. LOL I forget, but this version is Playing them fine. Thank You COWON. Where too now?
Hum, Preferences would be a good start. Icons now in preferences, if looks is important, not to me. Next I see some Plus version only sound options (32 bit decode, DRC and Dynamic Limter). Some new OSD options . Added or moved some Direct Show options under file preferences. New Lyric Options. WMA 9 Input available and Speex.
YES!!! Also see it in the Encoders. (Conversion window) Yes!!!
Is This New to Jet Audio? Use VMR(Video Mixing Renderer) Direct X 9 option under Advanced Direct Show player Configure.
The Real Media Components are excluded but available as an extra download. Thank You COWON. It appears to be free still as I got a pop up when clicking on a real media file and I'm installing the download as I type this. Well had a scare, JetAudio froze for about 90 seconds after the self installing download, but then freed itself and played REAL MEDIA as normal.
Woo Hoo a new Audio Trimmer , Some naming Options under Ripping, Awe some Plus only EQ and Low High pass etc options in Recorder. Oh well Cowon could use some more paying Customers. There Products have been Excellently Stable so far. OK Think I'm going to look closer at things and also let you discover them for yourself.

Hum Wait a second. Every thing working fine, Except it Won't Shut Down!
What's up Here? Clicked the X 20 or more times now been 3 minutes still Jet Not Shutting Down. Ut Oh Task Info says my resources Below 30% my warning level. Hum 2 Jet Update files running. I did Cancel first start of update, then ran it a second time to install Real Components. Ok Using Task Info to terminate Update programs. ( aslo found Update in my win98 alt control delete window for those who don't have task info).
Yes Now Jet Audio is shutting down when clicking the X.

Here again to add I just found the Volume and size adjustments in the Video window. Really Liking the step up and down 50% size buttons. Very Nice JetAudio! Was on my Wish List. Few others have this feature and none have stayed on my system after testing. The couple I have found did this by Double clicking, a bit faster than Jet but I can live with Jets onscreen buttons just fine. The Full screen OSD is not available in 98. Someday I'll get Win Xp but then Microsofts new OS (Longhorn) will be shipping. LOL.

Back a third time. This means alot to me, maybe others as well.
Right Click Menu in video window now has access to filter properties, important to me for accessing my DivX post processing settings and brightness etc. Hope they narrow the menu a bit though. Ok This post is long enough.

Ok all Have Fun
Happy Holidays
A Jetisfied User

Last edited by Jetisfy : 01-10-2004 at 04:05.
Old 12-24-2003
Master Member

eXity is still to judged
Just downloading - will update you soon!

I'm impressed! Thanks JetAudio!

Update:
- Wow, nice fade-in / fade-out options when you press stop and play again! Shame they don't work propperly sometimes and the sound is completly scarambled.
- Now we could just use a really really short fade out of 0.5-1 sec when you press play.
- Also you could implemant a really short fade over of 0.1-0.2 seconds while skipping around in the songs.
- Sadly still the Album Management. I would love to see a Media Library!

A few questions:
- Can I update from JetAudio 5.xx plus to 6.xx plus?

I like:
- woooo, this is cool! Right click on the equaliser and the menu has a really nice structure!
-Wohoooo! More info on VBR bitrate mp3s! VERY VERY nice! not just "vbr mp3" but now: "mp3 192 kbps vbr" and it keeps on juming around nicely!
- In the video window: Top right corner the 80% - 200% selection! Funkey!
Bugs:
- In the video window in selction of playback speed you select 100 but you get 99 displayed. Same for 200 - you select 200 and get 199 and so on and so on ...
Don't mess with the bunny!

Last edited by eXity : 12-24-2003 at 21:30.
Old 12-24-2003
Master Member

eXity is still to judged
Doh, this means I have to update my skins ...

Oh, I just noticed the "scrolling feature" (of title information) while trying out one of my skins. It's a start, but aren't you able to scroll it by pixel rather than by charachters? The scrolling feels ver jerky and irregular.

But thanks anyways for implementing my feature requests!!!
Old 12-25-2003

Jetisfy is still to judged
Hello eXity, Was going to ask where you seeing these mp3 settings because I don't have an mp3 encoder in this new basic 6 version but reread your post before submitting and I get it now you mean the display. Yes that is better.

I am curious for the answer to your question also,

- Can I update from JetAudio 5.xx plus to 6.xx plus?

I agree with you on the Album management. I've been using MediaMonkey for those needs, But rather have one program. Maybe someone at MediaMonkey can make a plugin to link to JetAudio along with the winamp they have now.
Also wishing the Album management Button would not only open it but close it as well, atleast let the player have focus while Album is open.

Bug:
Probably won't happen to many times, but I was watching a video had repeat this set and also had option's popup still set to see it when starting a video. Right before video ended and while it ended I right clicked to see menu. the video ended, here came the popup before video replaying and froze Jet Audio up. The right click menu half cover with the popup and all dead. Had to terminate Jetaudio threw task manager after waiting three minutes to see if it would start itself again.

Still
A Jetisfied User

Last edited by Jetisfy : 12-25-2003 at 00:28.
Old 12-25-2003
Master Member

eXity is still to judged
Another bug?:

The OSD is really cool, it's just that it's really hard to read ...

See:
Attached Images
File Type: gif OSD.gif (10.1 KB, 1676 views)
Old 12-25-2003
Master Member

eXity is still to judged
IMHO this looks a bit better (Photoshop edit). I don't think that the text should be transparent:
Attached Images
File Type: gif OSD2.gif (10.1 KB, 1642 views)
Old 12-25-2003
Master Member

NeTo has passed the judgement!
Oh seems the new feature list is huge. You have convinced me!. I'm gonna test that jetAudio Basic right away!